Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Couple Of Things...

I'm sitting in Cathay Pacific's The Wing lounge at Hong Kong International Airport right now, and I must say, the past 20 hours or so has simply been some of the most enjoyable I've ever experienced - at least when it comes to air travel. We had very strong headwinds going from LAX to HKG, so I was able to savor almost 15 hours non-stop in Cathay Pacific's new business class seat. And let me just say... it was absolutely fantastic. I'll have much more in my full trip report down the road, but I honestly can't think of anything more I could ask for in a business class seat. It was comfortable, spacious, and intelligently designed with tons of room to place your personal items.


I've read plenty of complaints about Cathay Pacific's business class food, but I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious everything tasted and how nicely it was presented. And the service was impeccable - in fact, I would not hesitate for a moment to say that this was hands down better than the first class service I received on Cathay Pacific last July. More details to come when I get back!

A quick note about The Wing... it's definitely much improved compared to last year. Although the first class lounge is still in the process of being renovated, they do have a temporary area called The Atrium for first class passengers only. Since opening up both levels six and seven for business class passengers, it's gotten a lot less crowded all around. I can't wait to see the finished product in a few months time.

Finally, I saw this on Virgin America's Facebook page and literally bust out laughing. Simply too awesome for words :)

No comments:

Post a Comment