Your last chance to sign up for the 50,000 bonus points offer may be to use an affiliate link that many bloggers have to earn a commission. Since I do not earn any money from my blog and refuse to post affiliate links, you won't be able to find them here. However, I will gladly direct you to one of my favorite blogs out there, View From The Wing, who is offering up his link for sign-up.
I have written extensively about the Chase Sapphire Preferred card, but here are the basics:
- 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points can be directly cashed out into a $500 check or statement credit. Or if you book through the Chase travel tool, you can use the 50,000 points to redeem for airfare worth up to $625. Otherwise, the more preferred way of utilizing these points would be to take advantage of the 1:1 transfer ratio and move them over to one of the many partners they have, including United Airlines, British Airways, Korean Air, Hyatt, Marriott, Priority Club, etc. There are a number of other ways to redeem your Ultimate Rewards points through their website as well.
- Earn one point per dollar spent anywhere, and two points per dollar spent on travel and dining
- The annual fee of $95 is waived for the first year
- You get a 7% annual bonus on all the points you accumulated in one calendar year, regardless of if you have already redeemed them or if they are from the sign-up bonus. Since they total the points at the end of the year (December 31st), you can still get this bonus before your annual fee hits (around March 2013 if you apply now).
- No foreign exchange or foreign transaction fees