Monday, March 26, 2012

25,000 AAdvantage Bonus Miles For DIRECTV

First, a warning that I have never tried DIRECTV, so I can't vouch for the quality or customer service. However, this does appear to be the largest bonus offer I've ever seen for signing up with DIRECTV (or any other cable or satellite TV option for that matter). You might not want to immediately ditch your current provider if you're happy with them right now, but if you are thinking about switching, then this is a great promotion to take advantage of.

Right now, earn 25,000 AAdvantage bonus miles by signing up for a two-year contract with DIRECTV. For just $29.99/month for the first 12 months, you get over 140 channels, including three free months of HBO, Starz, Showtime, and Cinemax. For the final 12 months, the rate goes up to $54.99/month. In addition, you'll get HD and HD DVR for free. Installation is free, there are no start-up costs, and you will also save an extra $20 by signing up online. There are a number of other packages at a range of prices you can choose from. Note that this offer is for new customers only, and it ends on July 18, 2012.

I'm actually seriously contemplating switching over to DIRECTV since I'm paying an arm and a leg right now for Comcast cable service. Check out the promotion website below for complete details:

2 comments:

  1. Just as a heads up, I tried DirecTV last year. Before I got it I went to our local DIRECTV office. I asked repeatedly if we got local channels for free. He assured me over and over that I did. We agreed and he came over the next day to install it. After he left, I tried to watch something on NBC and couldn't find the channel. Called DIRECTV and found out that in my local, we do not get NBC nor do we get CBS. I decided the next day to cancel and was surprised when they told me that I had 24 hours. Luckily I was within the 24 hours otherwise I would have to pay the $450 penalty charge. Later that month, I noticed on my credit card that they charged me the $450. I called up and even though I canceled within the 24 hour period, the order didn't go through till 2 days later. I had to write a letter requesting the money back and was told that it would take 6-8 weeks to get that. Boy, were they quick to take it. I debated the charge with my credit card and it was put back into my account in 3 days. My story - be careful of DIRECTV!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, sorry for the very late reply. I've been a little out of commission with internet usage while in Cambodia. Definitely a good heads up for any readers out there who might be interested in taking advantage of this offer. I think it's always a good idea to double check (and even triple check) all the fine print and small details, especially when it comes to cable and satellite TV providers. I've definitely had my share of frustrations with Comcast as well. Thanks again for the warning!

      Delete