Thursday, January 19, 2012

25,000 Bonus Membership Rewards Points With The American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card

Let me preface this post by saying I never post any credit card links on my blog that earn me any referral fees or commission. All of the links that I post here are the best offers currently available, and more importantly, they are public links with no benefits for myself. I've never viewed this blog as a means to make money, and I never will.

However, every once in a while, credit card companies will give existing cardholders the opportunity to refer family and friends to offers that are not publicly available. If these offers are worthwhile, I will post about it on my blog, and I will make clear the amount of referral points I will receive as well.

With that out of the way, a new American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card referral offer has been making its way around the blogosphere lately, so I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring as well. The regular offer for this card is 10,000 bonus Membership Rewards points after spending $1,000 within the first three months. There is also a 15,000 bonus points offer as well. However, with this referral, you will receive 25,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 within the first three months. This is the best current offer for the Premier Rewards Gold Card. The annual fee of $175 is also waived for the first year.

While 25,000 bonus points isn't that much (they can be transferred at a 1:1 ratio to several airline and hotel programs), this is still a decent offer if you have an upcoming need for a specific award redemption. Last year, the Premier Rewards Gold Card had targeted offers for 50,000 and even 75,000 bonus points. However, those of us who were not targeted could only get in on the deals by "bumping the bonus" - a practice that has now been completely shut down by American Express. Do I expect to see those mega-offers again this year? It's possible, but more than likely on a targeted basis only. If you are not targeted, then you're out of luck. As far as "public" offers are concerned, I believe this 25,000 bonus points referral is as good as it'll get!

For each approved referral, I will receive 10,000 bonus Membership Rewards points. Referrals must be submitted by February 13, 2012, and referred individuals must apply through the email link by February 28, 2012. This offer is valid for first time Premier Rewards Gold Card members only.

To apply, just email me your first and last name, along with your email address. I will send out your referral right away and you should receive an email from American Express within one day. You may not get the email if you have previously opted out of receiving marketing communications from American Express, so double check your online account settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment